Ford Solicitors Limited.
Privacy and Transparency Notice
Purposes of Processing - Your data will be processed in order to:
• provide services under contract to you;
• provide services to others (in so far as this does not breach client confidentiality); • comply with regulatory and other legal obligations;
• Marketing purposes in respect of services of Ford Solicitors Limited.
• and protect Ford Solicitors Limited against potential claims.
Legal Basis - Your data will be processed on the basis that Ford Solicitors Limited has a legitimate interest in being able to achieve the aims of processing set out above. Where special category data is provided, the provider of the data warrants that they consent to Ford Solicitors Limited processing that data or that they have obtained written consent from the data subject.
Personal Data Held - As a minimum, Ford Solicitors Limited is required to positively identify its clients. In addition, Ford Solicitors Limited holds whatever information is provided to it by its clients and others. This will rarely include special category data.
Failure to Provide Data – If you fail to provide Ford Solicitors Limited with the data required you will not receive services or marketing.
Data Sources – Ford Solicitors Limited obtains most personal data from its clients and those who have indicated that they have an interest in Ford Solicitors Limited services. Ford Solicitors Limited also obtains some personal data from other correspondents. Ford Solicitors Limited also collects some data from publicly available sources (e.g. Companies House).
Recipients - Any data provided by a client is treated as confidential to that client and will only be shared with others in so far as this is necessary in order to provide the services contracted for by the client, to comply with regulatory and other legal obligations and to protect Ford Solicitors Limited against a potential claim. In order to provide its services, Ford Solicitors Limited relies on the services of certain data processors. These include secure cloud storage for files and emails. In each case, Ford Solicitors Limited ensures that data is processed in compliance with this policy.
Third Countries and Safeguards - Data is never sent to third countries.
Retention Period - Data is held for six years from the end of the relevant matter or for six years where not associated with a particular matter.
Data Subject’s Rights – Where relevant, you have the right (subject to client confidentiality) to:
• withdraw consent to the processing of your data. Should you wish to do this then you must email firstname.lastname@example.org to enable us to consider the request and ensure that it does not interfere with the running of your case;
• complain to a supervisory authority regarding the processing of your data (https://ico.org.uk/); and
• obtain a copy of the data held on you and to correction of any errors in that data. Automated Decision Making – None. We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means, but we will notify you in writing if this position changes.
Further Details – The Data Controller will provide further details of any of the above on request.