At Ford Solicitors Limited we strive to provide a first class service at all times. However, if at any point you become concerned about the service we have provided then in the first instance we would ask that you contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concern(s) and we will do our best to clarify the position and resolve matters to your satisfaction.
If you would like to make a formal complaint, then please read the policy and procedure below:-
Complaints Handling Policy & Procedure
Ford Solicitors Limited are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong,
we need to know about it and deal with it promptly and efficiently to help us check the quality of our service, improve our standards and maintain our exceptional reputation.
If you have a complaint, Please contact Ruby Imran by email at Ruby@fordsolicitors.org or mobile 07706986641.
We are happy to deal with your complaint by phone in the first instance, or by letter or email, as you prefer.
What happens next?
1. If the matter cannot be resolved after a conversation or initial correspondence, a letter will be sent to the client acknowledging the complaint and requesting full information of the complaint in writing.
2. Once the information has been received in writing the complaint will then be investigated. This will normally involve checking your file and any other applicable documents.
3. A detailed written reply to the complaint will then be sent to the client, including suggestions for resolving the matter, within 8 weeks of receiving the complaint in writing
4. If the complaint remains unresolved, the client has the right to refer their complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, an independent organisation set up to deal with complaints against solicitors and legal professionals. Full details are available from them, but it is useful to note that any complaint should be made within 6 months of the final complaint response.
Legal Ombudsman: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ 0300 555 0333 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that raising a concern will not affect how we handle your case.
In the unlikely event that we are unable to resolve your concerns, the Legal Ombudsman can help you. They will look at your complaint independently.
Please note that before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, please note that time limits apply and that you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
• Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint
• No later than one year from the date of act or omission complained about; or
• One year from the date when you should have known there was cause for complaint.
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them at:
Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.
Address: Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
Please note that our regulatory body, the Solicitors Regulation Authority can also help you if you are concerned about us for any reason. You can find more information at https://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/problems/ or you can ring them on 0370 606 2555 between 8.00am and 5.00pm. You can also write to: The Solicitors Regulation Authority, The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN.